10 Delicious and Unique Soup Fundraiser Ideas | Nonprofit Point
Soup fundraisers are a fun and delicious way to raise money for your organization or cause. Whether you are looking to host a cook-off, a swap party, or a soup-to-go stand, there are plenty of unique and creative ideas to choose from. In this blog post, we will explore ten soup fundraiser ideas that are sure to be a hit with attendees and help you raise the funds you need. From a “Souper Bowl” cook-off to a virtual soup night, there is something for everyone. Read on to learn more about these delicious and innovative fundraiser ideas.
10 Delicious and Unique Soup Fundraiser Ideas:
1. “Souper Bowl” cook-off
This is a fun and competitive event where local restaurants and home cooks can showcase their soup-making skills. To host the cook-off, you must find a suitable location, such as a community center or school cafeteria, and advertise the event to attract participants and attendees.
On the event day, set up a series of tables or stations where participants can display and serve their soup. Charge admission for attendees, who can then sample the various soups and vote on their favorites. You can also offer additional tasting samples for a small fee.
To add to the excitement, you can create a bracket-style competition where soups are eliminated until there is a final winner.
2. Soup Swap
A soup swap is a simple and fun way to enjoy various soups without making them all yourself. To host a soup swap, invite friends and neighbors to bring a batch of their favorite soup to share.
Set up a table or tables where everyone can place their soup to be sampled. You can also provide bowls, spoons, and bread or crackers for attendees to enjoy with the soup. At the end of the event, everyone goes home with a variety of soups to enjoy.
Setting up a soup stand outside a busy location, such as a shopping mall or train station, is a great way to sell cups of soup to-go and raise funds for your cause. To set up the stand, you will need to find a suitable location with permission from the property owner, if necessary.
You will also need a table or counter to display and serve the soup and a way to keep it hot. You can offer a variety of soups, such as tomato, chicken noodle, and split pea, and sell them by the cup or bowl. You can also offer bread or crackers as a side.
4. Soup subscription service
A soup subscription service is a convenient and tasty way for customers to enjoy various soups without making them themselves. To offer the service, you will need to create a menu of soups each week or month.
You can offer a variety of soups, such as classic favorites like chicken noodle and tomato, as well as more creative options like curried sweet potato or black bean and corn. Customers can sign up for the service and choose how many soups they want to receive each week or month.
You can then prepare and deliver the soups to the customer’s home or place of work
5. Virtual Soup Night
A virtual soup night is a great way to enjoy a variety of soups from the comfort of your home. To host the event, you will need to create a menu of soups available for attendees to purchase.
To make the event more interactive, you can include live music or other entertainment for attendees to enjoy while they eat their soup.
6. Soup and bread bake-off
A soup and bread bake-off is a fun and tasty event where attendees can sample a variety of soups and bread and vote on their favorites.
You can invite local restaurants, home cooks, and amateur bakers to participate by submitting their best soup and bread recipes. On the event day, set up a series of tables or stations where participants can display and serve their soup and bread.
Charge admission for attendees, who can then sample the various soups and breads and vote on their favorites. You can also offer additional tasting samples for a small fee.
7. Soup and Movie Night
A soup and movie night is a cozy and enjoyable event where attendees can enjoy a variety of soups and watch a classic soup-themed movie.
For the movie portion of the event, you can show a classic soup-themed movie, such as “Like Water for Chocolate” or “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.”
8. Soup and crafts night
A soup and crafts night is a fun and creative event where attendees can enjoy a variety of soups and participate in a crafting activity.
For the crafting portion of the event, you can offer various options, such as painting, knitting, or scrapbooking.
9. Soup and trivia night
A soup and trivia night is a fun and educational event where attendees can enjoy a variety of soups and test their knowledge with a fun trivia quiz.
You can create a menu of soups for attendees to purchase and deliver to their homes. For the trivia portion of the event, you can create a quiz with various categories, such as history, pop culture, and science.
You can also set up a chat feature so attendees can socialize with each other during the quiz.
10. Soup and story night
A soup and story night is a cozy and enjoyable event where attendees can enjoy a variety of soups and listen to live readings of classic soup-themed stories.
For the story portion of the event, you can have a live reader or use audio recordings of classic soup-themed stories, such as “Stone Soup” or “The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe.”
8 tips to keep in mind while organizing a soup fundraiser:
- Plan ahead: Give yourself enough time to plan and organize the event. This will allow you to iron out all the details and ensure that everything runs smoothly on the day of the event.
- Set clear goals: Determine how much money you want to raise and what you will use the funds for. This will help you create a realistic budget and set ticket prices.
- Create a menu: Decide what soups you will offer and how to prepare and serve them. You may want to offer a variety of soups to appeal to different tastes, or you may want to focus on a single type of soup, such as tomato or chicken noodle.
- Find a suitable location: Look for a location that is convenient and accessible for attendees, and make sure it has the necessary facilities for serving and storing the soup.
- Advertise the event: Promote the event through social media, local news outlets, and other channels to attract attendees and participants.
- Set up a ticketing system: Decide how you will sell tickets for the event and ensure you have a system to track sales and manage the guest list.
- Plan for additional activities or entertainment: Consider adding elements such as live music, trivia quizzes, or craft stations to make the event more enjoyable for attendees.
- Prepare for any potential challenges: Think about what could go wrong and devise contingency plans to ensure that the event runs smoothly. For example, you may need backup soups on hand in case one of the soups runs out or you have a plan for inclement weather.
In conclusion, soup fundraisers offer a warm and comforting way to raise money for your organization or cause. Whether you opt for a traditional soup kitchen setting or get creative with a soup swap party or virtual soup night, there are endless possibilities for making your event a success.
By offering a variety of soups and incorporating fun and interactive elements, you can create an event that is delicious and enjoyable for attendees. So why not consider a soup fundraiser a tasty and effective way to reach your fundraising goals? Your attendees will appreciate the hearty and satisfying soups, and you will be well on your way to success.